The Schmieding Home Caregiver Training (SHCT) Program is a grant funded program of the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences. The Program does not place or recommend individuals for employment. SHCT does not assume any liability for the acts of individuals employed through this caregiver’s list. We recommend that you interview prospective caregivers, require references, and make appropriate background checks as the SHCT staff does not guarantee the appropriateness of any particular caregiver for any specific caregiving situation. We encourage all parties involved to research and understand liability risks.
If a person has obtained licensure elsewhere, their level of licensure is listed as CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant), LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) or RN (Registered Nurse). SHCT initially verifies the status of a graduate’s credentials, but we do not guarantee that certification or licensure has been maintained. We encourage you to verify current licensure.
The following key identifies the abbreviation after each caregiver’s name and indicates the level of training the caregiver completed:
- ELDER PAL (EP): 25 hours training
- PERSONAL CARE ASSISTANT (PCA): ELDER PAL + 25 additional hours
- HOME CARE ASSISTANT (HCA): ELDER PAL, PERSONAL CARE ASSISTANT, + 50 additional hours
- DEMENTIA AND ALZHEIMER’S DISEASE TRAINING (AD): ELDER PAL + 16 additional hours
- GERIATRIC HOME CAREGIVER (GHC): Completion of all four levels of training (116 hours)
- Respite: Will provide 24 hour care for multiple days to allow the primary caregiver complete rest and relief
- Live-In: Will provide 24 hour care; duration to be discussed
- Fill-in: Will provide periodic relief